Monday, May 30, 2011

Easy Does It

I know I've been absent and I thank you for your patience.  We came back from our jammin' Jamaican vacay (more on that in another post), to my father-in-law entering the hospital two days later.  He lost his courageous battle with Cancer the following Wednesday.  Little by little we have been putting one foot in front of the other and getting our life back together.  I am glad he is at peace and not suffering, but I am supremely heart broken.  


He was the father I never had and one of the best men I have ever known.  He was also an unbelievable Papa to my son and I will be eternally grateful that we had the opportunity to know him.  You see, we moved from Hawaii to Louisiana on April 1st, 2009.  And though it felt like a bad joke at the time (leaving paradise on April Fool's Day), it couldn't have been more right.  Shortly there after Papa was diagnosed with Cancer.  And though he fought like a warrior, Papa didn't always feel like one.  But the moment he saw T, he would push all that aside and completely light up.  The two were inseparable. 


Once again I have been shown that if you trust in the universe and listen to what you know is right, you will be exactly where you need to be.  Patience has been a mantra of mine that I try to apply to nearly everything.  I even taught my son what it means: his definition for right now is "slow down and wait nicely".  So again I thank you for slowing down and waiting nicely as I ease back into blogging and sharing the things I love.

I took this with my IPhone on Papa's boat.  I was told later that he felt really horrible that day.  But I had no idea, for the moment T and I showed up to the boat he was grinning from ear to ear.  His courage and strength will continue to inspire me forever.

oxx Dion

2 comments:

  1. Dion your words are beautiful. Sending lots of positivity and strength to you and your family. Be well wise mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How heartbreaking to hear this. You shared just how special he was to you and your family so perfectly. Beautiful words for a sad time. Hugs to all of you...and continue to be patient...XOXO

    ReplyDelete

a penny for your thoughts...