Monday, January 9, 2012

Finally

The months following my last post I am now dubbing as "nauseous ambivalence."  I found out that my eggo was prego, as Juno says.  My little clan was over the moon, as we were hoping to expand our tribe.  However, it was not pretty.  I felt as if I was on a boat being tossed around like a toy in a perfect storm... constantly.  Being continuously reminded of my state, I felt zapped, my mind only being able to think about pregnancy and babies.  It can be hard enough to maintain your identity as a mom, and suddenly I was struggling with this all over again as a mother pregnant with my second child.  Finding the energy to give to my family and myself was often daunting, and did I mention the rocking??  Seriously rough. 


Today marks the beginning of the end... the first day of my third trimester.  I couldn't be more thrilled!  I finally feel great and I know that the next phase is right around the corner.  My son and I might be tied for who is more impatient to meet this little bean.  Everyday T looks for him in my belly button, talks to him, and asks me again when he is going to "grow big and come out."  I can't wait to really know him; his personality, quirks, and preferences.  Ready for another little buddy by my side.




Recently I came across this quote on Pinterest from A League of Their Own of all places.  


The part that really got me was: 'The hard is what makes it great."  Sure it's been a little hard, but I have to remember to embrace the challenge.  I have so very much to be thankful for.  Since movie watching is perfect when you are feeling drained and sick, I decided to Netflix it.  I hadn't seen it in a million years and I'm glad I re-watched it.  It was so refreshing to see a "chick flick" that didn't revolve around getting some stupid guy and instead empowered women while still being fun.  Madonna's character is hands down my favorite.


A few more recent movies I would recommend with a similar theme are Whip It and Morning Glory.  Seen anything good lately?

1 comment:

  1. I love that I decided to check your blog today, I do every so often to see if you've posted. : ) You look beautiful. Best with the last 3 months and the building excitement with your family!!

    ReplyDelete

a penny for your thoughts...