Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Bebe Nest

We will meet our newest little dude tomorrow!  To get ready I have been stocking the house as if I were preparing for the Apocalypse.  Although I will have plenty of help, I seem to think that: 1 newborn + 1 almost 4 year old= never leaving the house again.  A freezer full of meals, year supply of toilet paper, and enough dry goods forever... check, check, check.  

I have also been preparing the baby nest of course!  I re-purposed as many things that I had lying around as possible.  This is not only a greener approach to design but easier on the wallet too.  A few DIY projects rounded out the room.  Here are a few quick snap shots of the results.

The crib and dresser were from T's nursery.  

I anchored the lamp and changing pad to the top of the dresser with 3M Strips, the best invention ever.  I already had the mirror and yellow print.  The sweet shelf with hooks was scored at Goodwill for $1.99

Since this was T's dresser first, I decided to switch out the knobs to freshen it up a bit.  These antique brass stars came from Hobby Lobby on sale for only about $1.50 each.

One wall is the start of a gallery of different prints and art work that T made to decorate his brother's room.  This was a great way for him to feel involved in the process.  The frames are an antique gold/brass.  They came from my mother's house and used to have family photos in them.  It feels special to use these frames in here and I'm sure the gallery will grow and change over time.

This is one of my favorites.  In case it's hard to read, it says "life is a beautiful ride."  I found it for free from here on Pinterest.


The rocket bedding was super affordable and is Dwell Studio from Target.

I made the mobile using a branch that I found as the base.  Then I cut out stars and moons out of scrapbook paper and hot glued it onto fishing line.  I love the way the ceiling fan keeps it constantly spinning and swaying.  

This old window was scored at a thrift shop for $3.  I put these cool vintage type travel tag stickers that I already had on it and mounted it to the wall. 

The handmade rocker was an amazing Christmas gift from the hubs.  It is super comfortable.  The fun pillows are from TJ Maxx.  I got the bench that I am using as a side table from a yard sale for $3.  I spray painted the base gray and recovered the top with fabric I already had.  The fabric is hard to see in the photo, but is a sweet small scale geometric print.  This shot also best accurately shows the wall color.  We painted the room this color when we moved into the house and I just love it, called Valspar's frosty sage. It is very calming but with enough color to not be boring.  I knew that boy or girl the color would be staying.


I love the soothing yet eclectic vibe of this room and I can't wait to share it with my littlest man.

oxx Dion









1 comment:

  1. It looks absolutely fabulous...a girl after my own heart, you shop all the places I do to find "new" stuff to Makeover. Good luck tomorrow, keep us posted!

    Donna and Wayne

    ReplyDelete

a penny for your thoughts...