Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Blogcation

This past weekend I was lucky enough to have a semi-last minute blogcation.  As in I got on a plane by myself and took a break from internet and computers for a few days.  I took my first step into the airport and was reminded that I am born to travel.  It was definitely nice, but I missed my boys like crazy and am happy to be back writing.  For those of you following, I blog three days a week, and will try to pre-blog in the future if I go away.  Journeying super light, I had only my trusty IPhone to capture a few shots.

Remember payphones?  I thought this mostly closed off phone bank was so nostalgic.  

On my first morning, I peered out of the fabulous vintage windows at this winter wonderland.  This island girl could hardly believe it was real.

One of the big highlights was visiting the MoMA NYC, which is free on Friday evenings.  View from the second level.

Because Pollock and Love make me happy.

It felt like an honor to see one of my mom's favorite Matisse paintings.

I would like to live in this painting.  Forever.

The MoMA gift shop is ah-mazing, and one can even order online here.  I am particularly smitten with the unique home and kitchen departments and the shop is a perfect place to find a great gift too.  I thought this cute elephant mobile might even be a fun diy project.  

Sparrow Clips
How cute are these sparrow clips?

Matryoshka Measuring Cups
And these Russian nesting doll inspired measuring cups.

Conceal Bookshelf
This invisible conceal bookshelf feels very Willy Wonka-ish to me and three of more would make a fabulous office series.

While the MoMA shop does have some pricey items, the last three pictured are all $15 or less!

At David Burke's Fishtail Restaurant I saw these cheeky pendant lamps that said things like "good things come to those who bait" and "get reel".  I thought they could be a fun custom diy project for a little boy's room.  Stencil some inexpensive white lamp shades with designs and sayings of your choice.

I'll leave you with a shot of my nugget in his new Yankees hat.

Even though I wasn't looking for it, inspiration always abounds.  Guess I have a few more projects for my diy list!

oxx Dion

No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts...