Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Scavenge

On random Saturday afternoons I like to scavenge yard sales.  Instead of being one of the early birds trying to secure the best items, I like to be last.  I show up within the last hour of the sale when not much is left.  It's often quirky random stuff that has been discounted in the hopes that someone will take it away and save the seller a trip to Goodwill.  I happen to adore quirky and random, and a good deal never hurt either.  I found two ceramic kitchen canisters while scavenging and snagged both for a mere 75¢.  They were definitely too country looking but I had big plans for them.

sorry for the iPhone pics, will remember to take real ones next time!

All I needed was a can of white high gloss spray paint.  After 3 to 4 thin and even coats I ended up with this:

The power of spray paint!  They were transformed into something sleek, modern and kitchen appropriate.  White ceramic objects can be found everywhere from this banana bud vase from Jonathan Adler to this pear canister from Z Gallerie.  In the next create post I'll show what I'm using them for... and it's not to hold sugar and flour.

oxx Dion

No comments:

Post a Comment

a penny for your thoughts...